The Fiume Hotel
Situated opposite the Town Hall, evoking the style of the turn of the century, the Fiume Hotel is a reminder of the middle-class lifestyle that existed in the second half of the 19th century. Designed by Ernő Sztraka, it was built in a neo-classicist style between 1867 and 1868. It was named after the Nagyvárad (today’s Oradea in Romania) – Fiume (today’s Rieka in Croatia) railway line, which used to cross the county. The former name of the hotel was ‘Csaba’.